Friday, August 5, 2011

Jump to Conclusions Blog

If my memory serves me well, it's been a long time since this has happened. If my memory doesn't serve me well, there's no need for you to think that this is about our conversation about that thing. 


In the Oscar (snubbed) movie Office Space, a side character Tom Smykowski, has an idea...


Tom Smykowski: It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
Michael Bolton: That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.
Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea. 





I personally think it's great idea for a game. Michael Bolton and Samir jumped to the wrong conclusion. Why? The game is played in real life all the time. I too play the game, maybe even more than Scrabble. Unless you're brain dead, you play too. (Arhg, I jumped to a conclusion again!) Try not to play, you can't. Sometimes the conclusions aren't super positive, sometimes they're indifferent, rarely are they accurate. 


So let's play, I'll start. This is only an exhibition, so please no gambling.
  • Just because I don't like country, it doesn't mean I don't like Johnny Cash.
  • Just because you watch (insert sport or tv show), it doesn't mean everyone else does (you are the minority, do the math).
  • Just because I try to eat organic, it doesn't mean you need to defend why you don't.
  • Just because you watch The Daily Show or Glen Beck, it doesn't mean you or them are right.
  • Just because I don't own pets, it doesn't mean I hate animals.
  • Just because you drive a truck bigger than you need, it doesn't make you bigger in any way, whatsoever.
  • Just because U2 is the best band in the world, it doesn't make all other bands irrelevant, just most. 
  • Just because I'm wrong, it doesn't necessarily mean you're right. 
  • Just because we go to different churches, it doesn't we believe in different Jesus'.
  • Just because I'm 6'3", it doesn't mean I play basketball.
  • Just because I was diagnosed with cancer and I'm at a party, it doesn't mean it's a party topic.
  • Just because it didn't work out for you, it doesn't mean it won't work for me.
  • Just because you were offended, it doesn't mean you should be.
  • Just because you don't like me, it doesn't mean I don't like you. I like pretty much everybody.
  • Just because I didn't vote for your political party, it doesn't mean I hate the one you voted for.
  • Just because Oprah is on the cover of O magazine, it doesn't mean anything, nothing at all. Zero.
  • Just because you didn't laugh, it doesn't mean it wasn't funny.
  • Just because I'm bald, it doesn't mean I wish I had hair - I don't. 
  • Just because you're right, it doesn't mean they're wrong.
  • Just because I didn't laugh, it doesn't mean it wasn't funny.
  • Just because you heard from a friend, it doesn't make it true.
  • Just because there are explosions, it doesn't mean there is a story line.
  • Just because I blog, it doesn't mean it's about you.


For kids wanting to play at home, now's your turn!

Just Because, The Game©

No comments:

Post a Comment